NEW DELHI: Fugitive self-styled godman Nithyananda, who fled India following an alleged case of kidnapping and wrongful confinement of children to make them collect donations from followers for his ashram in Ahmedabad, is argued in Kailaasa, but this Kailaasa is not the one in the Himalayas. Nithyananda is also accused of allegedly raping his former disciple under the garb of spirituality.
All you need to know about Nithyananda’s’ Hindu nation ‘Kailaasa:
1. Nithyananda has set up the ‘Republic of Kailaasa’ on an island off Ecuador in South America, declaring it the ‘world’s greatest and purest Hindu nation’.
2. At least three prominent personalities from Ahmedabad are planning to renounce their ‘corporate’ and ‘social’ life and shift to this offshore retreat.
3. Nithyananda has several rich and powerful followers. The island is believed to have been purchased by some of these influential devotees from the government of Ecuador.
4. ‘Republic of Kailaasa’ will only allow entry to those who have been approved by the nation’s ‘Prime Minister’ and ‘Cabinet’. Only those who are Nithyananda’s devotees and donate to his cause are eligible to obtain entry here.
5. According to unconfirmed reports, a prominent South Indian actress, known as ‘Maa’, has been named ‘Prime Minister’. Nithyananda is in the process of forming the ‘cabinet’. ‘Kailaasa’ will have several government departments, including education, treasure and commerce. Notably, there will be a ‘Department of Enlightened Civilization’ which will work on reviving Sanatana Hindu Dharma.
6. ‘Kailaasa’ already has a flag called ‘Rishabha Dhvaja’ that features Nithyananda, passports, emblem, national animal (Nandi – the sacred bull that is the vehicle of Lord Shiva), bird (Sharabam – a mythological creature that resembles a lion with wings ), flower (lotus) and tree (banyan). It is currently not recognized by any other country. There are three official languages - English, Sanskrit and Tamil.
Via Ahmedabad Mirror
7. Nithayananda’s ‘nation’ has similarities with that of Osho (or Rajneesh), the guru who sought to create a metropolis in rural Oregon (US) through any means.
8. The ‘nation’ claims to eventually have a ‘dharmic economy’. The plan is to set up a Hindu Reserve Bank to channel donations to his organization. Nithyananda ultimately aims to convert the finances he receives as donations into cyptocurrency, according to the nation’s website, Kailaasa.org.
9. According to cyber experts, the website was created on October 21, 2018 and it was last updated on October 10, 2019. It has been registered in Panama with its IP located in US’s Dallas.
10. The website explains: “Kailaasa is a nation without borders created by dispossessed Hindus from around the world who lost the right to practice Hinduism authentically in their own countries.” “Though the Kailaasa movement is founded in the United States, and spearheaded by members of the Hindu Adi Shaivite minority community, it is created for, and offers a safe haven to all the world’s practicing, aspiring or persecuted Hindus, irrespective of race, gender , sect, caste, or creed, where they can peacefully live and express their spirituality, arts, and culture free from denigration, interference and violence, “it read.