TIMESOFINDIA.COM | Updated: Dec 6, 2019, 8:42 IST
- The Hyderabad rape and murder of a woman veterinarian took a sensational turn on Friday when all four accused were killed in a police encounter as they tried to flee while reconstructing the crime scene. Here is a look at the top development in the case so far:
* “It has been ten days to the day my daughter died. I express my gratitude towards the police and government for this. My daughter’s soul must be at peace now,” says father of the woman veterinarian.
* On November 28, a woman veterinary was gang-raped and killed by four persons before they burnt her body on the outskirts of Shadnagar in Telangana’s Ranga Reddy district.
* On November 29, Hyderabad police arrested four persons in connection with the case.
* The news of the brutal rape and murder left the entire nation outraged. Protests held across the nation demanding swift punishment for the perpetrators.
* A united Parliament erupted in outrage and MPs demanded a swift death penalty, public lynching and castration of rape convicts. Cutting across party lines, the MPs in the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha condemned the Hyderabad incident ‘in one voice’ and demanded strict laws that punish the guilty in crimes against women within a fixed time-frame.
* Speaking in the Rajya Sabha, Samajwadi Party’s Jaya Bachchan said rapists should be “brought out in public and lynched.”
* The Centre assured it was ready to amend laws to bring in stringent provisions and ensure speedy justice.
* The investigation gathered pace as the Telangana government set up a fast-track court for a speedy trial.
* On December 6, all the four accused killed in a police encounter as they allegedly tried to escape while the crime scene was being reconstructed.
more from times of india news